It’s hard to believe that three weeks from now we’ll be hosting our Sea to Sea for MBC kick-off event in Annapolis MD!
Our trip begins with a kick-off party at our east coast headquarters in Annapolis Maryland on 8 April 2015. Thanks to the efforts of volunteer DeWayne Wilcher, we have secured a fabulous venue…the President’s Conference Center West, in the Miller Senate Office Building, Annapolis MD. The event takes place from 3 to 7pm and is open to the public.
8 April, 3-7 pm: Annapolis MD. Sea to Sea for MBC Launch Celebration. President’s Conference Center West, Miler Senate Office Building, 11 Bladen St., Annapolis MD. 3 to 7pm. RSVP to [email protected] and specify “Kickoff.”
TEAM 1: Kelly Lange (Secretary/Treasurer and Past President) and Marlene King (Board Member at Large). Both Kelly and Marlene are MBC patients.
• 13 April: Frederick MD. Visit METAvivor 2014 research grant recipient Balamurugan Kuppusamy, PhD at National Cancer Institute (NCI).
• 14 April: Gaithersburg MD. Visit C2C4MBC GOLD PLUS Sponsor AstraZeneca. Thank you, Astra Zeneca!
• 16 April: University Park PA. Visit METAvivor 2011 research grant recipient Andrea Mastro PhD at Penn State.
• 16 April: State College PA. Visit Mt Nittany Medical Center.
• CONCURRENT WITH C2C: 17-22 April: Philadelphia PA. Attend the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2015 at the Philadelphia Convention Center. President Lori Marx-Rubiner and Co-Founder/Director of Advocacy CJ Corneliussen-James in attendance. TEAM 1 will attend over the weekend.
• 17 April: Philadelphia PA. Evening Event. Due to limited space, this is by invitation only. It is graciously being hosted in honor of METAvivor by the Linda Creed Foundation; the South Jersey Breast Cancer Coalition and TNN - Cancer Awareness – Making Difference. Thank you All !
• 18 April. Philadelphia PA. PSSST! Special Announcement at 6pm! Watch Twitter @metavivor and the METAvivor Facebook page for details on location.
• 20 April AM: NYC. Visit METAvivor 2014 research grant recipient Swarnali Acharyya, PhD at Columbia University.
• 20 April PM: Summit NJ. Visit Sea to Sea for MBC BRONZE SPONSOR Celgene. Than you, Celgene!
• 21 April: Woodcliff Lake NJ. Visit Sea to Sea for MBC Sponsor GOLD SPONSOR EISAI. Thank you, Eisai!
• 23 April AM: Cleveland OH. Visit METAvivor 2012 research grant recipient Candece Gladson, MD at Cleveland Clinic.
• 23 April PM: Cleveland OH. Visit METAvivor 2014 research grant recipient William Schiemann, PhD at Case Western Reserve University.
• 24 April: Columbus OH. Awareness Presentation at Cancer Support Ohio. PUBLIC INVITE!
• 25-April: Columbus OH. Paint and Sip in Westerville OH.
• 26 April: Ann Arbor MI. Supporter awareness/fundraising event: Craft fair with 50 vendors at Ann Arbor Holiday Inn North. Public is welcome!
• 27 April AM: East. Lansing MI. Michigan State University to visit METAvivor 2014 research grant recipient Eran Andrechek, PhD at Michigan State University.
• 27 April PM: East Lansing MI. Awareness meetings with various offices within the Michigan Department of Community Health.
• 27 April Evening: East Lansing MI. Awareness Presentation at The Peoples Church, 200 E Grand River Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823.
TEAM 2: CJ Corneliussen-James (Co-Founder, Director of Advocacy and Past President) and Lisa Schofield (Board Member at Large). On May 4th Lisa and Beth Fairchild (C2C Social Media Team Member) will swap.
• 28 April: Ann Arbor MI. Visit METAvivor 2013 research grant recipient, Sofia Merajver, MD, PhD at University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.
• 29 April: Indianapolis, IN. Visit Sea to Sea for MBC BRONZE SPONSOR Lilly. Thank you, Lilly!
• 30 April: Nashville, TN. Event in the works. Details soon!
• 1 May: Birmingham AL. Visit METAvivor 2013 research grant recipient, Douglas Hurst, PhD at University of Alabama, Birmingham.
• 2 May: Vardaman MS. Visit with METAvivor supporter/donor.
• 3 May: Travel to Houston. Potential time for event enroute. Have an idea? Contact [email protected]
• 4 May: Houston TX. Visit METAvivor 2014 research grant recipient, Dihua Yu, MD, PhD at MD Anderson.
• 5-6 May: North TX. Private visits with several METAvivor supporters/ donors/ colleagues. No public events.
• 7 May: Oklahoma City OK. Visit METAvivor 2011 research grant recipient Alana Welm, PhD and METAvivor 2013 research grant recipient David Lum, PhD at Oklahoma Medical Research Center. Potential hospital visit.
• 8 May: OPEN. Want to host and event? Contact [email protected]
• 9 May: OPEN. Want to host and event? Contact [email protected]
• 10 May: MOTHER’S DAY! Looking for something truly special to do that day? Honor your mother by hosting a metastatic breast cancer awareness event. Contact us [email protected]
• 11 May: Near Kansas City MO. MBC patient Mary Gooze will swim across Lake Hillsdale as part of her One Woman, Many Lakes campaign to raise funds for METAvivor! Sponsor Mary's swim here.
TEAM 3: Lori Marx-Rubiner (President) with Liza Bernstein (METAvivor supporter; three-time primary breast cancer patient). In Reno, Liza swaps out with Stephanie Klasky-Gamer (METAvivor supporter).
• 12 May: Kansas City KS. Visit METAvivor 2010 grant recipient, Danny Welch, PhD at Kansas University Medical Center.
• 13 May: Begin drive to Denver CO.
• 14 May: ARRIVE Denver CO. Evening supporter event. Details to come.
• 15 May: Denver CO. Visit METAvivor 2012 grant recipient, Heide Ford, PhD at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
• 16 May: Salt Lake City UT. Evening event by supporters. Details to come.
• 17-18 May: Long, long drive
• 19 May: South Lake Tahoe CA for private supporter awareness/fundraiser event.
• 20 May: East of San Francisco Bay Area CA. Public event. Details to come.
• 21 May: San Francisco Bay Area CA. Public event. .Details to come.
• 22 May: San Jose, CA Area. Public event. Details to come.
• 24 May: Los Angeles CA Area. Gearing up for special event for MBC patients. Have MBC and live in the area? Let us know at [email protected]
• 25 May: Los Angeles CA Area. Therapeutic art for patients and caregivers.
• 26 May: Duarte CA. City of Hope to visit METAvivor 2013 research grant recipient Rahul Jandial, PhD, MD.
• 26 May 2015: Santa Monica CA. GRAND FINALE CELEBRATION at the Annenberg Community Beach House! An exciting party with trip videos, talks, fundraising event and much, much more at a beautiful location on the Santa Monica beach. Tickets go on sale soon!
YOUR BEST SOURCE FOR INFORMATION ALL EVENTS AND MUCH, MUCH IS OUR C2C4MBC FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/C2C4MBC